Monday, June 15, 2009

Beaches - any of which I'd rather be at than here on a Monday morning...


I'm feeling lazy today. It's Monday morning and since I'm self-employed I have the luxury of allowing myself to be easily sidetracked, not really such a good thing financially speaking.

So to feel I've halfway accomplished something, I'm putting what little energy I have into posting some pics of a few of my favourite beaches, all of which I've enjoyed while cruising. Most of these were taken in the last couple of years from voyages on board the Azamara Quest, Sea Princess or Grand Princess. The pics in the top left and below were taken in Grand Turk last year. I would have visited it again this year on the Grand Princess but as sometimes happens we had to miss this port because of wind conditions. Absolutely amazing crystal clear water with great visibility. If only I knew how to scuba but good snorkeling just the same.




This is Little Dix Bay in Virgin Gordon, British Virgin Islands.





And yet another horrible looking beach on Virgin Gorda. Apart from a wild chicken running around, I think there were about 10 or 11 of us on the entire stretch of beach.




Brewer's Bay, Tortola, across from Virgin Gorda. If you're in Tortola for a full day you should have time to visit the Baths in Virgin Gorda and then spend some time on the beach here.




The Boatyard beach in Barbados. Apart from being a great beach with reasonably priced beer and beach chairs - always a good thing - the sand is like flour, amazingly soft and fine.




Saline Beach, St. Barths, one of many beautiful beaches on this island.



And my list wouldn't be complete without pics from either St. Thomas, looking down at Magen's Bay...



... or Orient Beach, St. Maarten.



And now I really do have to get back to work and make something of this day!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment